Accounting and Taxation Services
As a Sole Trader Accounts Limited Company or Partnership, it is important to ensure that your accounts are prepared in line with the correct accounting guidelines and taxation legislation. As your accountants, we ensure that these vital financial statements are prepared correctly readiness of important business decisions business owners are regularly faced with.
The benefits of our accounts preparation service include:
- Identifying areas to minimise your tax liability
- Helps assess whether you are meeting your financial goals
- Assists in creating an action plan to achieve your business targets
If your business operates as a limited company, we will calculate your company’s corporation tax computation and ensure that HMRC receive the annual corporation tax return alongside with your company’s financial statements. We will guide you also on how the tax is paid.
Directors / Personal Tax
Personal tax services are available both for business owners and private individuals. This includes:
Compliance with VAT is complex and require quarterly management and reporting via Making Tax Digital software.
Our service advises you on the best scheme suitable for your business.
There are three ways we can assist you with your VAT returns:
- Let us do your bookkeeping and we complete the return from there
- Provide us your books and we’ll complete analyse these and complete the return for you
- Provide training on how to complete your own return
As part of this we will be preparing and submitting your quarterly VAT returns ongoing, meaning that you will be well aware of your VAT liabilities and keep the VAT-man happy!
Preparing the vat return is not just filing a set of number though. We take a 6 step approach to our VAT Returns service to ensure they are prepared in good time to ensure you avoid any penalties:-
- Create a recurring quarterly job in our job management system so we NEVER miss a deadline and begin work on the VAT return the day after the quarter end
- Carry out an audit of ALL transactions for the period – check that purchase VAT has been claimed on every transaction that it should have been and conversely that it hasn’t been claimed where it shouldn’t have been
- Ensure that you are on the best scheme to maximise your cashflow – Cash or Accruals. Also keep an eye on going over the threshold at which you HAVE to move to accruals by obligation
- Send you notification of the amount due within 3 weeks of the quarter end, giving you 2 weeks notice of the amount to be taken automatically via direct debit
- File the VAT return on time, every time
- Deal with any queries, enquiries or investigations from HMRC so you don’t have to get involved, allowing you to focus on running your business and avoiding further cost of bringing us into an investigation.
In addition, we can assist with:
- Applying for VAT registration
- Advice on the VAT schemes suitable to your business
- VAT planning
- Dealing with any disputes that arise with Customs
- Attendance at VAT inspections
Since I have been using Jayen I have found him to be approachable and helpful with any queries or problems I have had. I contacted Jayen when an issue with a Building Society arose, who then acted promptly and efficiently on my behalf, the problem was resolved without any further hassle.
Jayen Patel has been processing my accounts for last 3 years. He is reliable, quick and professional. His fees are easily affordable and the standard of service and advice is excellent. He has increased my understanding on book keeping and had provided strong support. I would highly recommend him.
A friendly personal service providing for a helping hand through the minefield of accounting. I have worked with Jayen since setting up the company some 3 years ago. His competitive fees provide a valued integral part of growing and developing the business.